Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I just purchased an '02 Silverado 2500 Duramax, crew cab long bed (6.6 Turbo and wow it's pretty quiet) TODAY! Traded in my 05 Ranger and couldn't pass up the price given for the Ranger and price for the Chevy. I plan on towing a decent amount and looking forward to the longevity. It's an automatic (unfortunately) but I couldn't pass up the price, like I said. Hope to learn from you all and get over any quirks.

Nate

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
welcome to the forum if you have any sort of questions feel free to ask and some one will anwser you..glad to see another buckeye guy..

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for the warm welcome!:drink Beyond the motorcycles in the warm weather, this will be my daily driver :gearjamin . It's gonna take a few for me to get used to 4 grades of fuel, a plethora of additives and acronyms out the wazoo :fart , but I do hope to catch on soon. This will be my first diesel. I have driven a couple over the years but the first to call my own. I was a bit apprehensive about the transmission, but since all I could find were automatics (all brands) then I figured I'd roll the dice with the Allison. I'm just so used to gas engines engine braking that it's got me not used to using so much brake. Guess the Tow/Haul mode is supposed to cover that. Well, here's to better mileage than my small truck and being able to tow to the races! :drink

·
Registered
46 Posts
Welcome

Once youve gone to diesel , you wont be going back.
My first diesel was a 95 GMC 3/4 pu with the 6.5.
Then I purchased the Jetta diesel , love it.
And now I have a new GMC 2007 ( classic ) 3/4 , sb , ext cab.
Also , my new GMC is the first auto Ive ever owned , and Im really starting to love this Allison.
Fenmor , Vancouver B.C.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.