Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a lot to learn. On Monday this week I bought my first diesel - a 2007 LT3 classic silverado, extended cab 4x4, LBZ and Allison, with 79,000 miles. I don't know much about diesels and have zero experience owning or driving one (except the drive home on Monday).

This rig came with a couple well know issues: I'll be replacing the blower control module later today. It has a slight leak from one of the tranny cooling lines so plan is to upgrade those as per the sticky from this forum. I'll be changing all oils (axles, transfer case, trans, engine) or may have that done to speed up the work.

Yep, lots to learn. Looks like this is the place.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Welcome! Where you at in WA? I live in Puyallup. There's a pretty good contingent here from WA also. Holler if you ever need anything!

·
Registered
20,183 Posts
Welcome man! Another LBZ guy! Hope your treats you as good as mine has. Like Dawg said ALOT of Washingtonians on here so holler at us if need be. I'm out in Tacoma. Check out my build page and Dawg25385, once again welcome aboard.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Welcome! I'm down in the Vancouver, WA area.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
WeLcOmE!!

·
Registered
457 Posts
Welcome..... From Gig Harbor here... It would be nice to be able to get guys together that have fixed issues on trucks.. Just for a support team..:) It's always nice to have around guys that have "done" the fixes..:)

·
Registered
16,268 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
229 Posts
Welcome. Seattle here.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks all. Squez85 you have a good point. I'm not much of a wrencher myself. The blower control module was super easy fix and that's going fine now. The transmission coolant lines are another story. Only one appears to be leaking but I'm definitely intimidated by the job. I'll keep digging through this web site for info but I want it fixed fast and a real mechanic is likely my best route.

·
Registered
10,680 Posts
welcome friend

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.