Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently bought a 2010 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Crew Cab with a Duramax. It only had 30,000 miles and I love it! About a month ago I installed EFI Live tunes by Kory Willis. I mounted the nifty little dsp5 switch in the ash tray since the only smoking I do is out the tailpipe of my truck. I drove the truck stock for about 4 months and it made 16 mpg running around and 19+on long hauls. (No trailer). One reason I installed the EFI-Live was to (hopefully) improve the fuel mileage.I know 16-19mpg is awesome and should have maybe left it alone but I also wanted to be able to smoke the tires on a whim. Thing is that after the KW tunes are installed I can't make much over 10 mpg. I know some wag will say I drive it too hard and that is why. I do run it like h>>> sometimes but the last 2 tanks I have never rodded it once and drove like Grandpa and the best I've done is 11.1 mpg. and that was on a 500 mile road-trip. I am checking by actual miles and gallons not using the truck readout or the Edge Insight readings. I upgraded tire size soon after I bought the truck to 295-70-17s and did see a minor drop in MPG then. Can anyone shed some light on this for me? Is there another tuner who gets good power results as well as better MPG? IM me or point me to the light please. Let me say that other than the lower MPG.....the KW tunes rock! Hear me giggle from 100 miles away with the switch on 5 and a straight stretch of assfault......

:gearjamin:sonic

·
Registered
16,268 Posts
Lots of things come into play with MPG. Try another tune level.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I lost a solid 2-3 mpg when I went to my wheel/tire combo.Been getting 16-18 mpg though.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Did you throw in deletes under the truck? I get around 21 city in the non winter months

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.