Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Truck started normally this morning, put it in reverse and moved about 4 feet and it died. Cranks over fine but not even thinking about starting. Seems like a fuel issue. Any ideas? Fuel pump? '03 Silverado w/ 6.6 Duramax

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
check fuelfilter, welcome to the site, I was down in Hudson Fl. last month

·
Registered
334 Posts
Welcome to the DF!

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Welcome to the DF!

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
Thanks guys! I think it's the filter or pressure switch, hopefully not the pump. Shall find out soon.
These trucks do not have a fuel pump-- the CP3 pulls the fuel from the tank, then through the fuel filter and housing, and then into the CP3, where it pressurizes the fuel to the injectors.

Most of the problems what you describe, is caused by a leak in the filter area-- loose filter, leaking WIF sensor, or bad seal at the hand pump or bleeder screw. If it cold, your fuel may have gelled.

First pump the hand pump on top of the filter housing, and open the bleeder screw. close the bleeder screw and pump again. It will usually start then.

·
Needs more go fast
12,518 Posts
welcome to the df!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
My truck did the exactly the same thing this afternoon. I opened the bleeder valve and I had fuel immediately. No luck with starting. I had it towed to dealer. Just thought it was strange that I had the same thing happen.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts