Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Glad to find a forum with good information. My wife and I are considering buying a 5th Wheel Toyhauler next Spring...it will probably be in the 36-38 foot range. Something like a Keystone Raptor. I have a large Harley Road Glide we will be parking in the garage portion, in addition to some dog crates.

So...in anticipation of this, I have started looking at trucks to tow all this with. I have found locally a 2008 Chevy 2500HD LT2 with the following add-ons: Duramax 6.6L Diesel; Allison 6 speed; HD Trailering Equipment (what does this include?); Cargo Management System (again ?); EX Lift Tailgate Package; LT2 Convenience Package. The truck was purchased new by a tournament fisherman, so for 37K, it towed a bass boat...no big deal (he won a truck in a tournament, so traded this one for a Camaro for his wife). The second owner (whom I trust) purchased the truck last December from a local GMC Dealer's lot. It currently has 41K on the odometer and has recently been serviced by another trustworthy independent shop. This owner towed a 7K lb toy hauler trailer (19') with the truck, so again, no heavy towing. The truck is White, with a 6.5' lined bed, and is in very clean condition. It also has stainless step rails (oval).

The asking price is 30K, which appears to be a decent asking price. I have tried to discover some things about the truck's tow ratings, etc, but am a little confused. Loaded, the toy hauler I will probably buy will weigh in at around 15-17K lbs loaded. No more than 17K. Will this truck do what I am expecting it to do? Does this sound like a decent deal? As far as I can tell, Private Party sale price is about 31,500.

Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts