Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay here we go i have a 04 gmc sierra 3500 cc 4wd. all stock no mods at all!i bought its new been a great truck! anyways, has 85k it started to get hard to start in morning. so i changed fuel filter again as i have every 15k. using wix filters (dealer told me it had to be gm filters never had problem before.) so i spent 100 on filter and new water drain. still have same problem. i can feel it missing, and when i put my cheapy code reader on it pops up po380 glow plug heater and p101 mass air flow (oh yea have cleaned it also). but my cel isnt on nor never has come on and stayed on. no diesel leaks around filter housing or anywhere else. i think i covered it all but if you guys have any other ? or ideas please let know this is my work truck and i need it bad!
thanks!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
have no idea! i suppose the dealer has to do that? i dont have real motivated dealers around here.

·
Premium Member
2,905 Posts
fuel in oil? to test this, get a papertowel and take the dipstick and put a dot of oil on it. If it spreads into two separate rings, you've got a problem...

·
Registered
57 Posts
glow plugs covered on your truck till 200,000 mi.
don't know about the mass air flow.

·
Registered
34 Posts
its getting colder out here in canada not sure bout where you live but its down to about 15celcius tops now...
just a suggestion of what it could be :p never owned a diesel before but will have my first one around march >:D

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Welcome to the forum

1 - 9 of 9 Posts