Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. Great forum! As with any other forum I'm sure I'll get smoked by someone over this but I need a little direction. Thanks in advance! First off, I just bought a 2007 GMC Classic Duramax 2500HD. This is my first diesel and my first 3/4 ton. I've had 1/2 Chevies my whole life. I'm assuming that all 3/4 tons as rough riding as this one due to heavier suspension? Or bad shocks? Even trying to take a bump slowly it feels like the suspension is so springy that it tops out the suspension travel. Is this normal? Second, I know what a turbo sounds like and I can hear mine just fine, but there is another fairly loud whirring sound. It's kind of hard to explain what it sounds like. A normal diesel thing? Also, when I turn the engine off I can hear a noise that sounds like it's coming from the top of the engine that lasts for a minute or so, kind of an unrythmic pump noise? Other than the few weird little noises, these trucks are really nice, I love it. Again thanks in advance for any ideas or suggestions.

A.J.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Look at your torsion bar bolts, back under the cab, if their in all the way, that will explain why it rides so rough. If your t-bars are cranked all the way your bottoming out on your bump stop. As far as the noise, the only thing i can think of is a transmission whine, mine does that also when its cold but its barely noticeable.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Welcome to the forum

- Adam

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's a good idea. I never thought of that. I'll check them. Yes, that is the only time I hear it is when it's cold. Is that transmission whine common with Allisons'? Nothing to worry about?

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts