Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up everyone i just purchased my first 2003 LB7 Duramax about a week ago. And i must say i love this thing. Now commin from a guy who used to drive a 2004 Mach 1 as a DD, this big truck can giddy for what's its got. I actually bought the truck to support my racing for hauling trailers and what not, but it is my DD as well since the Mach is no longer with me. It's got 160k on the clock and has a straight pipe and thats it. With that said, what mods are you guys thinkin i should do first?

Appreciate the help.

-Baiden

·
Registered
669 Posts
it all depends on what your looking for. A programmer, intake, exhaust, some transmission work, and lift pump is always a good start, oh and gauges of course. Welcome to the DF by the way

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, knowing that i cant push too much horses above stock on the tranny i would want to get it built. Any ideas on how much a built tranny would run me?

And thanks for the welcome. :D

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Welcome to the forum! :) somewhere around 3200-3500, where you from? any good shops in the area? or do you plan on building yourself? or do you want a full replacement performance trans?

·
Registered
669 Posts
basically the same as stated above i payed 3k flat on my sun coast stage four

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Located in Ft. Worth, TX. I dont know of any diesel performance shops around here, but i really havent looked lol. And im 18 so i guess my tranny would have to wait on gettin built. :(

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Yea it takes a little bit of cash to play around with, I would recommend a PPE boost valve, and maybe a PPE tuner

·
Registered
669 Posts
yeah ppe boost valve will do great and is a really nice upgrade for the price.

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts
Welcome to the forum!:drink

·
Needs more go fast
12,518 Posts
welcome to the df!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the info and the warm welcome guys!! :)

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Gauges for sure, as well as a programmer, quadzilla is good for the price. Welcome and congrats on the truck. LB7 is the best if you Ask me

·
Registered
162 Posts
WELCOME TO DF! you can do a turbo mouth piece mod for free just bore the air horn out look up the thread about it

·
Registered
140 Posts
I would do a 4in exhaust like the afe from Performance Truck Products first then a Quad or ppe programmer. Cognito braces too.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Welcome to the DF!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.