Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all new to the diesel seen, i am looking at a 2004 chevy 2500 hd with 260,000 miles for 9000. is this possibly to many miles on this truck to get and start doing small stuff like exhaust and intake. and was wondering what else i should be looking for on a vehicle with this many miles. Any input will be much appriciated. thanks a bunch

·
Registered
437 Posts
Welcome aboard, check the 8th digit if the VIN if = 1 then LB7 if 2= LLY, read around here a bit on the different motors there are plenty happy LB7 owners in here.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
welcome to the DF

·
Registered
437 Posts
That is a lot of miles but not out of line, pretty sure the injectors have been done by now, post on up to 25 and do a VIN check to see what GM service has all been done to the rig.

·
Premium Member
1,817 Posts
Welcome to the DF !

·
Registered
805 Posts
Welcome to the forum

- Adam

·
Registered
897 Posts
Welcome to DF!

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Welcome, 260K is a drop in the bucket for a Duramax.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey thanks for all the welcomes, and all the quick responses. i will check that vin and see, but otherwise sounds like 260,000 isnt bad and the guy said that there has never been any mods done to it so, to me that is kinda a good thing i think. anyways thanks to all and cant wait to be able to post some pics of my new d-max.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
I am one of those happy lb7 owners :D till the injectors decide to crap on me soon after i bought it then I wasnt so happy lol

·
I'm That Guy...
16,690 Posts
Welcome to DF.

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Welcome man. get some pics up!! hope the deal goes well for you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts