Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi from Utah. 04.5 LLy 185k still running strong. bought it two years ago and have put 80k on it first thing I did was replace the mouthpiece with an AFE. Recently, with your help, I have done a CAI mod, PCV re-route, Cleaned the carbon from the EGR which will be deleted this weekend, 4" diamond eye on the way, Replacing the k&n with stock AC Delco. Did a water pump replacement last weekend and what a PITA! Going to do an injector clean just for maintanence also. I pull a 5k dual axle enclosed trailer with tools for work and haven't had overheating issues yet. Taking the 5th wheel with boat fishing this weekend up to 9000 ft. :drink

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
welcome! Fill out your sig when you have a minute so we can better help you in the future if you have any questions. What are your future plans for the truck?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I'd like to do a bunch but time and to many other projects keep getting in the way. I'm in the process of restoring an 87' chev truck right now that I am enjoying. But I would really like to do a few things to help it keep cool and some transmission upgrades. Hopefully the new exhaust and the egr delete will help lower the EGTs

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
a bit, yes. an intake will help cool our LLY's a bit too, however not a ton. They aren't as bad as a lot of other stock setups. If you tow with it a lot and begin to experience overheating regretfully the only thing we can do is a secondary cooling setup. Just make sure to monitor your egt's real close if you're towing with that tune, and usually don't go above 2 for towing. Just a general rule of thumb.

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
Welcome to the DF!

Sent from my DROIDX

·
Registered
805 Posts
Welcome to the forum

- Adam

·
Tennessee Smokin'