Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!
Just bought a used 2006 2500HD Crew cab Duramax. Pick it up today!!!!! I am replacing a 2004 Volkswagen Jetta TDI. The fuel consumption will be a wee bit different but always wanted a Duramax. I used to have a 97 GMC 5.7 extended cab when I went to the TDI for commuting but since I don't do alot of commuting anymore I said I want my Truck back and was able to get my diesel!!
Can anyone actually tell me the fuel average on these? I never got a straight answer from the dealer... I am aware they are not like my TDI but just for knowledge reasons...
Thanks for having this site! I have already found a few threads interesting and looking forward for more!
Pics to come soon!

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
:welcome to the site and congrat's on the new truck.....i have a 05 LLY dually and stock the best i got was high 15's all highway and after some toys and runnin on my highway tune(150hp) extra,my best yet is 23mpg...you can see what all i have done to the truck by looking at me sig below and the 06 LBZ that is mentioned there was getting 18 as a high average when it was stock but after the goodies i can very easiles get 20 to 21 mpg.....

·
Smoke. It's what's cookin
2,934 Posts
Congrats and welcome. Party On Wayne!! I just had to say that! Goodluck on the mods.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Party on AGGARRRTH:drink ! Keep them JD green machines:gearjamin Rollin along :rockin!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Welcome!

Mileage is always a touchy subject. Bottom line, driver is the number 1 cause of bad or good mileage. Keep the tires properly inflated, if not SLIGHTLY over inflated, for best mileage. Also, an Exhaust will help out quite a bit. Don't bother messing with the intake. Its plenty good enough.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies.
After I had posted this message, I had done a little more research into the threads and you are not kidding this is a touchy subject. we'll see what happens. I am not too worried...:beer

·
Smoke. It's what's cookin
2,934 Posts
yes mileage does suffer with different drivers. if I'm running hard trying to get places then my mileage goes down and if I'm goin easy takin time it is pretty good. But My computer isn't calibrated for my 285's. i think they might drag it down a little.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts