Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
My name is Cam and I race motorcycles on asphalt. I have a 2004 3500 LLY. I pull a 38' triple axle 15,000 lb enclosed race trailer. I have had all the trucks;
6.9 Ford sold
7.3 Ford sold
5.9 Dodge 2003 sold
5.9 Dodge 1996 still have
6.6 Chevy 2004 still have
My Chevy is a Cadillac with a flat bed. I love the Allison. I liked my 2003 Cummins also. It rode like a buggy but pulled like a horse. The Chevy pulls about the same and gets a little less mileage. I have noticed the fan comes on often in the Chevy. (read some of your posts on this) I just installed a K&N kit. (read some of your posts on this) Our 7.3 had it and the 1996 Dodge has it. I want better mileage. Should I get an aftermarket exhaust and programmer? Thanks, Cam

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
welcome to the forum..most guys including my self gain between 2 to 4 mpg with a exhaust and programmer so i would go for it..i'm runnin the Silverline exhaust with the PPE tuner and i gained 4 mpg on both of my trucks..

·
Registered
62 Posts
I just installed the 4" silverline turbo back on my newest truck and love it fit real well and made a big difference in response as for mileage cant tell yet i havent had the opprotunity to get my foot out of it,feel like im 16 on dads tires. I have also installed mbrp on several trucks and they fit and work great also most of us got about 2mpg after exhuast install. i am still on the fence for programmers, but have run banks six gun with good luck and also know alot of guys running the edge evo. and jucie w Att. that love it, but most people i know running programmers are not getting better mileage could be from the way they drive even though they are old enough to know better

1 - 6 of 6 Posts