Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long time reader, first time writer here. I've yet to update my information and add pics but it will get done.

I've recently got a 2007(classic) CC SB. Being new to upgrading a dmax I have a couple of questions I was hoping someone could help me with. I want to get 4" exhaust but in reading some of the posts it seems like that might cause some DTC codes.

looks like remedies to that may be to use and EGR blocker. Isn't that what causes the turbo to spool up?

another option may be a tuner to prevent the DTC? is that really an option? if so what tuners are capable of that?

Thanks for any input! I'm sure there will be more questions to come!

·
Premium Member
1,505 Posts
Welcome to the DF.... I have the same truck as you and I put a 5" exhaust on my truck and love the sound, not too loud.... The exhaust never caused any codes to come up, the EGR does not cause the turbo to spool, but when the blocker is installed theat will throw codes.... More people will chime in and help you out....

·
The Good Son!
1,966 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!!!

·
Vendor
3,397 Posts
Welcome to the site!

If you delete the cat with an aftermarket exhaust, you might trip the check engine light for EGR codes. Most trucks, however, do not throw the codes. If you do, you will either need the correct programmer to keep them from coming back (PPE Standard/Hot or Edge Race) or a fingerstick.

Feel free to shoot me a PM or give me a call with any questions.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Welcome to DF!!:drink

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.