Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2001 2500HD Duramax LB7 251,000 miles
No oil pressure on manual gauge pulling engine bought it as a non running truck
I am not sure where were going with the engine but were pulling it and going from there. I appreciate any thought as to what to spend $$ on besides fixing whats there first. Looking forward to learning a lot along the way.

·
WOOD... man!
4,209 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,641 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
16,262 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
10,681 Posts
welcome

·
Registered
327 Posts
Welcome to forum.

·
Premium Member
10,442 Posts
Welcome to the DF!

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Update:

I pulled the engine and got the pan off its full of metal looks like bearing material. I have to get it on the stand and get it tore down for more detail. I found a second engine that needs injectors doing a swap after getting my injectors out and off engine number 1 tested then installed in #2. I am going to keep working over the weekend to see what I got. Should I pull the injector cups on engine #2 and if pulled do I need to replace them? Thanks for the welcome!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
WOOD... man!
4,209 Posts
I pulled the engine and got the pan off its full of metal looks like bearing material. I have to get it on the stand and get it tore down for more detail. I found a second engine that needs injectors doing a swap after getting my injectors out and off engine number 1 tested then installed in #2. I am going to keep working over the weekend to see what I got. Should I pull the injector cups on engine #2 and if pulled do I need to replace them? Thanks for the welcome!

Glad to read you're making progress and you found another engine. Wish I could answer your question. Unfortunately I'm still in the learning process with these engines.

I'm sure one of the more educated forum members will be along shortly to help you out.

:coffee

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
2nd update

Ok I was able to get the injectors out of engine #1 and they will go to SW Diesel injection a Bosch Cert shop to be tested Monday. They are suppose to be good we shall see its hard to tell looking at them. I was also able to tear it down some more. The engine failure was caused by the oil pump gear nut backing off in turn it destroy pretty much all the gears under the front cover. The oil pump nut was almost off I was able to take it off with my fingers. I have not got the gears off yet as they are not cooperating at all. The pump feels horrible so it could have lock up not sure yet. There was a great deal of metal in the pan I guess we know why now.

So the plan now is to get the #2 motor up and running in the truck if possible then deal with #1. Not sure if I should pull the pan on motor #2 and do bearings and a pump while its out? Pull the heads and do studs while it easier on the engine stand? Once you start there is no good place to stop. Oil cooler etc.

Any rational goal type input would be appreciated. I have two engines both out of the truck on stands #1 blown no oil pressure a bad oil pump etc. #2 runs with 150,000 miles no injectors. Thanks

·
Premium Member
15,249 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts