Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys looking to start ordering some new parts for the truck not really sure where to go. So far all I have is EFI LIVE an air intake and 4in turbo back to 5 in pipe. What should I order next to start getting more performance. Without getting crazy expensive.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Lift pump

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What brand lift pump do you recommend. Will I need to change my EFI tuning after installing that. And what are benefits to having a lift pump.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I have a airdog 165, you wont have to change tuning, and it keeps a postive pressure of fuel to your cp3. so your cp3 doesnt have to work as hard to suck the fuel from the tank, and on your bigger tunes you wont risk draining fuel rail.

·
Registered
2008 Silverado 2500HD
908 Posts
x2 on the lift pump. Air Dog's are great but a little pricey. The Raptor pump with quick connects is cheaper but doesnt have the extra filtration that air dog comes with. Next thing after the pump would have to be Gauges and then a built trans before you can get crazy with the horsepower

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
if you are going to buy a liftpump get the best one don't skimp. the airdog 165 does everything. it removes dirt, water and AIR (which is the most damaging to injectors) all while supplying enough pressure to the cp3 so it doesn't have to work so hard and eventually take a crap.
the airdog is extremely quiet and easy to install i would highly recommend it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts