Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that i have a good intake, exhuat, upgraded tranny, and tuner, what is the next step to take my truck to the next level? Lift pump, turbo, injectors, propane, water/methanol? Any suggestions?

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
I would do a lift pump & shim mod. Then go bigger programing, if the trans will take it, Im not sure how much a trans with your mods will take, I hear the edge and ppe stacked make some wicked power for off the shelf tuners!!!

If you dont want to do that much i would still add the pump and shim mod and maybe a boost controler or boost stick!

·
Registered
35 Posts
after the lift pumps, throw the edge in the trash can. get a ppe hot+2 and put it on level 10 (if you think your ally can stand it).

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
after the lift pumps, throw the edge in the trash can. get a ppe hot+2 and put it on level 10 (if you think your ally can stand it).
i second that,or better yet stack them..

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im going to leave my tranny with the mods as is, and if and when it blows buy a suncoast. I know my edge isn't the greatest but the price was right. What are your thoughts on ppe vs. efi live?

So for sure a new lift pump, but from who? I've heard bad things about stacking tuners/programmers

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
i would go with efi live and a dsp 5 switch..i'm runnin a stacked setup on my 05 lly and never had any problems..

·
Registered
35 Posts
Im going to leave my tranny with the mods as is, and if and when it blows buy a suncoast. I know my edge isn't the greatest but the price was right. What are your thoughts on ppe vs. efi live?

So for sure a new lift pump, but from who? I've heard bad things about stacking tuners/programmers
efi vs ppe, that kinda depends on you. if you wanna fool around with it writing, buying, trying your buddies tune and testing tunes, then it may be for you. personally i didnt want to mess with it. i would have worn out my computer trying new and different stuff and then prolly never been satisified. i went with ppe because it was easy, makes good power and im lazy.

there are several vendors for lift pumps. you can prolly search this site and a find someone who sells them. some guys opt to make their own from part stores and save big money. i chose the brand i have because it was cheap (bought it from an individual who never used it), has a fancy little wiring harness with detailed install instructions, its quiet, has a flow-through design so if it fails the vehicle will still run, and a leak proof design.

i havent heard any bad things from stacking. i have heard that not all programmers/chips/boxes play well with others. may be something you would wanna check into before doing.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well i'm looking at finishing a side job next week worth $6500, so i will have some spending money. :drink

I will look at lift pumps, and both tuners and make up my mind this weekend. I really appreciate the help guys! One of these days i want the fastest truck in central, if not all of Texas! One step at a time though :rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts