Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas,

just want to start off with how amazing the quality of this kit is.

However I have a few questions to people who have used/seen the Donaldson/water bowl setup, even with the NT spacer installed the water bowl is very close to the exhaust manifold, looking at it after the install it just threw a red flag, has anyone had a problem with this?

I wraped half of the bowl with DEI cool tape that I had on hand for now and I got some temp wrap that will be safety wired around the assembly tonight. I will take pics for everyone to see.

·
There,wolf...There,castle
1,488 Posts
No need, I thought the same thing as I did the same setup. I don't have anything on mine and have ran it for a good time now, havent ran into any issues at all. But will be checking soon as its almost time for a filter change

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No need, I thought the same thing as I did the same setup. I don't have anything on mine and have ran it for a good time now, havent ran into any issues at all. But will be checking soon as its almost time for a filter change
Thanks for the reply,

Im just scared of fuel leaking on the exhaust manifold, I would hate to see my truck burning on the side of the road over a 20$ filter :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well after a few days of driving I went in to inspect it and sure enough the water bowl/bottom plug was seeping fuel out. I wiped it clean after the install and it was enough to wet the fingers of my gloves.

I pulled the filter and removed the water bowl, now it wont hold prime with only the plug on the bottom, may just need to prime and bleed a few times but I didn't have to do it this much with the initial install with the rebuilt filter head.

so I wouldn't recommend this setup over the CAT 1R-0750. But this is just my story, other people may have had good results.

I guess its time to buy a airdog 2 :thumb

1 - 4 of 4 Posts