Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about adding a Nicktane fuel filter kit to my truck because I'm going to have my injectors replaced in a few weeks and seeing as how my warranty soon expires, I want this set to last as long as possible. Does anyone here use one and if so, how do you like it?

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
I don't have a nicktane, but I have a racor set-up and it works great. Every forum where I have read on the nicktane system gets good reviews and of course the filters are pretty cheap. I went with the racor setup just because I was worried about fuel gelling in the big cat filter in my arctic environment. The racor had a heater and water separator option, but you have to cut fuel lines for the kit I bought. The nicktane just uses the QD style connectors and you don't have to cut fuel lines. Either way on which one you choose, you can't go wrong.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Ok the Nicktane system, with the big Cat filter sounds good. I am in Socal and rarely get enough to need to worry about Fuel gelling up.....Other than the Nicktane system are there any other symilar alternatives to make a comparrison?

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
i know you can just buy a filter head, some fittings and a cat filter. probably be a little cheaper that way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts