Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to install an adapter on my LMM to allow the use of the Cat 1R-0750 fuel filter that is so highly regarded on this forum. Is there any real difference between the Nicktane and UDP adapters? The UDP seems easier to install and is less expensive.

I really wouldn't care to tear my truck apart at this point so an easy install would be a great selling point, right behind quality and reliability.

One last question: Can the stock WIF sensor be removed with a regular wrench, or do I need a special wrench for it?

Thanks for any guidance you guys can give me.:drink

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Wif sensor you can use channel locks to remove. As for adapters that's been beat to death just do a search, you'll have reading for hours.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Ask one to be one
5,660 Posts
You couldn't pay me to put anything udp on my truck.

·
There,wolf...There,castle
1,488 Posts
nicktane here as well. It's not hard to install at all. Te checkball and spring is easy to remove. I would recommend getting the spacer, it will help with the added length of the filter

·
Registered
802 Posts
I don't want to highjack the thread ,but also did not want to start another thread. Just need some advise on a quick question.

My brother and I have bought the Nicktane adapters for both are trucks. I was wondering if my brother's filter head should be rebuilt while installing the adapter. I'm going to be rebuilding mine ,but my truck has 119,000 mi. on it so I would think its going to need it sooner or later. His truck only has 45,000 mi. on it. So I did not know if his would even need a rebuild yet. What do you guys think?

·
There,wolf...There,castle
1,488 Posts
Since I had to take off the filter head and open it up to get the checkball out I went ahead and did the rebuild kit just bc. I did have around 120k on mine. I might would do it just bc I would already be there, but does he have to, i dont think so

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
You couldn't give me money to give to UDP.. I've been on this forum for a long time, and they are the most un-moral POS's I've ever heard of. I mean come on.. the owner is in his 30's and street races 16 year olds and brags about it.. really? And I don't know how many times they "spammed" the forum trying to advertise or whine because no one joined their super awesome forum. I vote Nicktane.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I have Nicktane. I must say, the install instructions are outstanding!:thumb

·
Registered
802 Posts
Since I had to take off the filter head and open it up to get the checkball out I went ahead and did the rebuild kit just bc. I did have around 120k on mine. I might would do it just bc I would already be there, but does he have to, i dont think so
Ok thanks man. I think I will install his adapter first. If it has trouble holding prime then I will install my rebuild kit on his filter head. Since his truck is a daily driver. Glad to see everyone seems to like the Nicktane. I did not want to pay the extra at first ,but you get what you pay for. I got to say Nicktane has great service. The shipping time was unbelievably fast.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I don't want to highjack the thread ,but also did not want to start another thread. Just need some advise on a quick question.

My brother and I have bought the Nicktane adapters for both are trucks. I was wondering if my brother's filter head should be rebuilt while installing the adapter. I'm going to be rebuilding mine ,but my truck has 119,000 mi. on it so I would think its going to need it sooner or later. His truck only has 45,000 mi. on it. So I did not know if his would even need a rebuild yet. What do you guys think?
I just did my buddies install. He also had less than 50,000 miles and I made him buy the rebuild kit. Why take it apart twice was my reseasoning....

·
Registered
40 Posts
just did mine at 95K, some o-rings were getting stiff but not bad yet. I did it cause I had it out for the nicktane kit and it was only 15$ so why not! it only takes 10 minutes. By the way, I haven't seen the other adapters in person but Nick Tane pieces/o-rings are amazing quality.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Nicktane with the rebuild kit

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks everyone. Looks like it will be a Nicktane when the time comes.:thumb

1 - 16 of 16 Posts