Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have any pictures of how and where they have mounted the tank ... also any picture of under the hood {solenoids , lines etc,}

thanks , Trae

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
You will slip the clutches bigtime. Plus why worry about spray when you have way more power still on tap via tuning

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
What happened to your truck when you sprayed it with a stock transmission ?
I don't know. I wasn't dumb enough to try it.

I think Nemo did however.....:blowup

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Play nice guys. He may have just not known he needed one. Not everyone has read 10 millions post like we have. First get you a built tranny then we will talk nitrous!

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Haha.. I have thought about adding the bottle to my truck but i think nitrous is more detremental for a motor than a bigger turbo and don't want to blow it up....
YET!

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
Actually, In moderation, N2O is good for a diesel. Since its mearly an oxidizer it helps to burn all of the fuel. It also cools EGTs alot safer than w/m. A mild shot of juice wont do a damn thing. I'm tossing a 100 shot on just so I can run SuperStreet/12.0 Index class this year.

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
on a serious note nitrous does have an effect on timing right?
Yes.
You have to cut it back a bit. And crank up the fuel. You dont need as much timing because the fuel is getting burned no matter what.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Subscribing....really its not good to run NO2 on a stock tranny? is there anyway possible to do it?

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
Yes.
You have to cut it back a bit. And crank up the fuel. You dont need as much timing because the fuel is getting burned no matter what.
ok thats what i thought just making sure

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
Subscribing....really its not good to run NO2 on a stock tranny? is there anyway possible to do it?
No its not a good idea because there is no defuel. Its hard to explain until you experience it. It shifts real hard & fast with n2o on.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
small shot? Meaning? For example my race tunes don't really have any smoke in them because my cp3 is a little weak so i don't see it helping me that much. Am i right? People always say keep uping the jets until u see no smoke... Right? Well if there isn't really any smoke in the first place what do you do loL. What is a safe pill considered and what hp range should it put someone at?

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
small shot? Meaning? For example my race tunes don't really have any smoke in them because my cp3 is a little weak so i don't see it helping me that much. Am i right? People always say keep uping the jets until u see no smoke... Right? Well if there isn't really any smoke in the first place what do you do loL. What is a safe pill considered and what hp range should it put someone at?
you're not driving a 12v..the whole spray it till it dont smoke mentality doesnt apply.....you have to have a tune setup for it

1 - 20 of 35 Posts