Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm running 285/65/18's and put the Nitto Terra AT , they seem to make the truck ride alot harder, what is everyone else finding?? Any suggestions on a nice 8 Ply, similar tread?? Thks

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
I think the Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ is an 8 ply. I've never used them but I hear good things about them. I am actually ordering some for my truck tomorrow.

·
Ask one to be one
5,660 Posts
They are a little stiffer when unloaded.

·
Registered
554 Posts
just run less air

·
Registered
254 Posts
if you go from an 8 ply to 10 ply there is going to be a noticeable difference in stiffness no matter what you do. as stated above you can lower pressure but then you can run into bad tire wear and lower fuel mileage.

·
Registered
554 Posts
if you go from an 8 ply to 10 ply there is going to be a noticeable difference in stiffness no matter what you do. as stated above you can lower pressure but then you can run into bad tire wear and lower fuel mileage.
we all run our ten ply tires with 50psi and it makes a huge difference, infact when you look at them you can't tell we're running just 50 psi because of how stiff the tires are. then we air them up anytime we're going haul something. works great no funny wear or anything.

·
Registered
254 Posts
we all run our ten ply tires with 50psi and it makes a huge difference, infact when you look at them you can't tell we're running just 50 psi because of how stiff the tires are. then we air them up anytime we're going haul something. works great no funny wear or anything.
50psi isn't too low, I keep my mine around 65 because I tow very regularly. If i tow really heavy they get aired up to 75.

I am sure 50 makes a huge difference in ride quality and if they wear good then more power to ya. enjoy the nice ride!!!

·
Registered
316 Posts
yeah just alot stiffer tire but the nittos dont last i only got about 16 k outa my set and i rotated them every 2k and i didnt do any burnout on them

·
Registered
316 Posts
yeah idk what happened cuz the first set i had were awesome i got about 35k out of them so i got them again and they went to shit fast and i didnt change anything and still rotated the every 2 k but i changed up to at ko now and not looking back at nittos

1 - 11 of 11 Posts