Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 430 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Nitto Ridge Grappler | A Fresh Look on Hybrid Light Truck Tires

Nitto's New Hybrid Light Truck Tire

The Nitto Ridge Grappler combines the aggressive off-road performance of a mud-terrain tire with the on-road comfort of an all-terrain tire. Using its aggressive tread design, tread block stabilizers, and variable pitch tread pattern, the Ridge Grappler delivers excellent traction in mud, sand, and loose gravel and a surprisingly responsive, comfortable highway ride. High load carrying capacities from P-metric up to F-rated options. Whether you drive a daily work truck or an off-road adventure vehicle, the Nitto Ridge Grappler is a great choice.

Nitto Ridge Grappler
UTQG: N/A

Click here for: Nitto Ridge Grappler Availability and Pricing

-KEY FEATURES-

• Variable Pitch Tread Pattern: Advanced sound equipment was used to create a pattern that provides a quiet and smooth highway ride.

• Alternating Shoulder Groovers: Shoulder grooves are arranged in alternating widths and lengths to clear mud and maintain traction. Lateral Z grooves are set in a zig-zag pattern to provide biting edges for traction.

• Dual Sidewall: Like all Grapplers, the Ridge Grappler features two bold sidewall designs. One side features a more traditional pattern while the other side features a new, aggressive block design.

• Reinforced Block Foundation: Adds rigidity to tread blocks to reduce flex.

• Stone Ejectors: Protects the bottom of groove from stone drilling.

• Staggered Should Lugs: Provides traction in off-road environments.

• Edges: The alternating tapered edges and step block edges both provide additional biting edges for more traction.

-MEDIA-

-INSTALLED PHOTOS-

-FUTURE SIZES-

Source: NittoTire

·
Registered
23 Posts
Looks like a good tire. I just ordered the exo grapplers from you guys yesterday. I will be getting them tomorrow

·
Registered
200 Posts
Probably going to be my next tire from yall!

Reactions: Big ~O~

·
Supporting Vendor
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like a good tire. I just ordered the exo grapplers from you guys yesterday. I will be getting them tomorrow
Thank you for your support. Let us know your thoughts on the Exo Grappler AWT tires. I have been running them for about 1 &1/2 years on my 3500 and still loving them.

Probably going to be my next tire from yall!
Let us know when you are ready.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Updates? What kind of price?

CWO has quoted me 419.00 shipped for 35-12.50-22 nitto M/T tires.

I will be buying soon.

Thx

·
Supporting Vendor
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Are they available in a 35x12.5x18" yet? If not any idea when? If so what's the price? Thanks
The 35x12.50R-18 is slated for release sometime this September. Pricing has not been set for this size, but it should be somewhere between the Trail Grappler and Terra Grappler G2.

·
Registered
23 Posts
What are they saying about the compound being chip resistant? I know the Exo AWT say they have a chip resistant compoud. If I run on a lot of gravel roads plus pull a 10,000 lb+ trailer every so often, would I be better going with the AWT's? I like the looks of these better but need them to perform more than look good.

·
Finally! Wheels on!
9,127 Posts
I would be curious to know this as well. Just bought my second set of wheels and tires from store TXH-20. Two months ago got mayhem wheels and nitto g2s. My order came in this week for eagle 059 and nitto exo grapplers for the dually. Can't wait to get them on. Couldn't wait on the ridge grappler but would like to know the pros cons of each

·
Supporting Vendor
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What are they saying about the compound being chip resistant? I know the Exo AWT say they have a chip resistant compoud. If I run on a lot of gravel roads plus pull a 10,000 lb+ trailer every so often, would I be better going with the AWT's? I like the looks of these better but need them to perform more than look good.
I would be curious to know this as well. Just bought my second set of wheels and tires from store TXH-20. Two months ago got mayhem wheels and nitto g2s. My order came in this week for eagle 059 and nitto exo grapplers for the dually. Can't wait to get them on. Couldn't wait on the ridge grappler but would like to know the pros cons of each
Thank you for the questions, guys.

Both tire models utilize a chip chunk resistant compound, but Nitto recommends the Exo Grappler for HD applications that see a lot of gravel roads.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I just had a set 285/70/17E installed last night and alignment done this morning. First impression is that they look great. Minimal noise, but I can't compare to a mud tire since I have never ran them. They are a firm tire, I'm running 52 psi(Discount tire aired the front to 52psi and 80 psi in rear) in front and 60 psi in the rear and they feel they have 80 psi. I bought these because I wanted a little more bite in mud and snow in the mountains. I think these will do good hauling a load.

Attachments

Reactions: Dmax_NW
1 - 20 of 430 Posts