Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always had BFG all terrains on every truck I've had but on my 03 2500 they have been horrible. I live in NC about 5 minutes from the beach and drive on the beach 2 or 3 days every week and I have to drop the air pressure super low every time or the tires will hop in the sand and not just a little bit. Been looking at some Terra Grappler or Dune Grappler to try something new. Does anyone else drive on the beach and what tire do yall use? Just looking for another opinion on what tire would work better.

·
I STILL DGAF
9,061 Posts
Had the Dune's on my old LBZ and actually loved em. They rode great and did great in sand, snow, and decent in mud. I don't really like the Terras but they did great on my brother's LLY in the snow.

·
Registered
6,294 Posts
Had both and I prefer the dune grapplers over Terra grapplers. I spin my terras when its raining without even tryin. Never had problems in the snow or mud with ny dunes but not looking foward to winter with these terra crapplers

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So the Dune's run pretty good all around and wear well? I do a good deal of highway driving along with driving on the beach

·
I STILL DGAF
9,061 Posts
So the Dune's run pretty good all around and wear well? I do a good deal of highway driving along with driving on the beach

They feel great on and off road and wear very well. I was surprisingly happy with them cause I was skeptical of them at first.

·
Registered
20 Posts
ive had terra grapplers on both my trucks. They got through some pretty bad snow storms in up state NY. Handled good on ice and had no problem going through un plowed county roads. I just put a set on this past weekend there 285.65.18 and so far ive had no problem getting around.

·
Registered
897 Posts
My Terra Grapplers do great in the rain. I don't really get off road so I can't tell you there. They don't last very long.

·
Registered
6,294 Posts
wonder what the deal is with mine then ? They spin redicolously easy. I can break em loose at 30mph on completely dry roads. Theyre not even below half tread yet. I dont have a 600hp truck either

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
The dune grapplers are made for sand. So they be best for you.

They will suck in the snow compared to the terra g's though because they have ZERO siping which is what gives you traction in snow. But in NC you probably don't see much snow.

I'm happy with my terras. Probably have 20k on em and theyre at half tread or maybe a little more. They are getting real noisy now though.

Sent from my Droid using the AutoGuide app while not driving...

·
I STILL DGAF
9,061 Posts
My dunes were champs in the snow here last year. Didn't expect them to do so well but I was pullin people out left and right and had no problems whatsoever. I know the shit we get here in OK isn't like what some of you Northern members see but it's pretty nasty just the same. I'd run em again in a heartbeat over the Terras.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I'm lookin at putting some Pro-Comp or Super-Swampers on my truck when it gets here...Not the mud-bogging ones, more of the aggressive A/T version that doesn't sing as much.

·
Hang it!...Fire!
4,244 Posts
i have hancook dynapros all terrains and they are pretty badass all round. i hear the bfg's are good though, last a long time and do well in most everything but really swampy mud

·
Registered
352 Posts
What do you guys think about this tire-wheel combination?

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

Attachments

·
Coffee addict
1,831 Posts
wonder what the deal is with mine then ? They spin redicolously easy. I can break em loose at 30mph on completely dry roads. Theyre not even below half tread yet. I dont have a 600hp truck either

^^^ same here! Thought I was the only one, truck is mostly stock. Terra grapplers seem to wear out quick on highway IMO.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Dune's look bad ass and if your not in the rocks or mud go for them. Im in deep snow and mud 5 months out of the year so i went with the trail grapplers and 5k on them they still look new, very impressed with my first set of nittos

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'm about to get rid of my dunes after 43,000 miles...they do good in all the conditions i put them through, but I don't touch mud with my pickup...I ordered trail grapplers today in 295/55/20...I wish more tires would be offered in this size, but the trails look great in my opinion!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts