Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i found a dealer who said he could sell me a set of 4 terra graplers 315/75/16 for 938 out the door. i was wondering if that was a good deal bc im new to diesels and getting tires bigger than 285. also i was wondering about how many miles id be able to get out of them?

thanks

·
Registered
412 Posts
I have 265-70-17 Terra Grapplers on my work truck, I have 26,000 miles on them since new 18 months ago, no flats, but all 4 are almost bald, and the rubber has been hard as a rock for the last 6 or 8 months and they have had no traction on the pavement since they got hard. Would not buy again. I will go with BF Goodrich all terrains next time.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Depending on your rims/ ride height you might want to reconsider 315's. I had Nittos on my lb7 and loved em. All depends on how you treat em.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know how much everyone is against it but I know atleast 3 people personally who ran 315/75/16 on their stock 16" rim so that's what I'm gonna do as well. An my good buddies are ford diesel mechanics an they know duramax mechanics an they all said it shouldn't be a deal running that size of time on the stock rim

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Its all personal preference. I had a local tire shop refuse to put 285s on stickers.

·
Confidence Antler
1,997 Posts
After the cupping issues I had with 285s on my stockers I would never run 315s on the pyo.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I personally am now running 275-70-18 Nitto TG's on my truck and all I can say about them is buy two sets because mine have only lasted about 20K, and they are close to needing replaced. They grip good but i have been less than impressed with how they have worn. I do not abuse / burn tires so this is simply wear

·
Registered
897 Posts
I have Terra Grapplers and they are good, but they are also brand new. I put about 6000 miles on my old set before I sold them to get new rims. The rubber is soft, and if you drive hard, you will kill them in short notice. I have friends that have them and love them. My buddy has 35k on them on his SCT tuned F-250 and they have a good bit of tread on them.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
after yalls replies to the tires i think im gonna stear clear of them and just get bfg all-terrains. i had them on a previous truck and loved them.

but i dont understand the everyones fright of running bigger tires on the stock rims when i know tons of people who have done it without any problems at all and ive been running 285 on them since ive had the truck without a single problem.

·
Registered
897 Posts
There is a thread in the wheels and tires forum about the factory PY0s breaking at the bead from running wide tires. The bead is thin on those rims.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts