Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have nitto terra grapplers that are 33 inch. the recomended PSI is 65. my rear tires wear tread in the center of the tire so i deflated them down to like 45-50 psi?:cookoo[1]:
what psi do you all run your terras at?

·
Registered
51 Posts
My guess would be that there on stock wheels which are narrow for that width tire. At the higher pressure its balloning the centers out. My old truck had bfgs on stock wheels which i also had to run lower pressure. 50 i believe

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes stock rim. just wondering if its bad to run them that low? or if its better to just pump em up?

·
Registered
897 Posts
They are made to have a certain amount of air in them for a certain load. For example, they say 3000lbs @ 65 PSI, if you don't have 3000 pounds of load on the tire, you don't need 65 PSI. That being said, I don't know what the lowest acceptable pressure is, and I'm sure it changes between tires.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I would agree with firefighter that if your not pulling/hauling alotof weight you should be fine

·
Registered
897 Posts
Here are your tire specs from Nitto website

Size Rating Stock # Tread Depth Width Rec. Rim Width Max Load
LT305/70R16 E124Q 200-050 16.5 32.68 12.40 8.0-(9.0)-9.5 3525 @ 65

They are made to handle 3525 Lbs @ 65 PSI. I would try 50 PSI. That's what I run in my 305/55R20 Terra Grapplers and it seems pretty good.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've heard anywhere from 50-60psi.

I just got mine on Friday and the tire shop put the rears at 70 and the fronts at 60. I'm taking air out of the back to get it down to 50-60 psi.

·
HERE SO I DONT GET FINED
2,860 Posts
I run 60 psi all the way around. Any less and they look kind of flat?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I run 60 psi all the way around. Any less and they look kind of flat?
How many miles do you have on your tires AJ?

·
HERE SO I DONT GET FINED
2,860 Posts
Not many, just put them on this spring. Maybe 4000 km or so? They seem to be wearing even so far.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Ok thanks. Its going in tomorrow for the small tire fender mod. They rub pretty good on the back side of the front fender.

·
HERE SO I DONT GET FINED
2,860 Posts
Oh ya, I forgot that I talked to you about the predators. Are you happy with them? Send me a pic, I'd like to see how they look on a red truck.

·
Registered
27 Posts
i just put 20 inch sota's with 305 55 20 terra's ( E ) laod. and they look like shit they don't look as big as the factory tires. are the E tires smaller than the regular 305 55 20?

·
Registered
64 Posts
i run between 50-55 with an 8 inch wide rime and 295 wide tire

·
Registered
897 Posts
i just put 20 inch sota's with 305 55 20 terra's ( E ) laod. and they look like shit they don't look as big as the factory tires. are the E tires smaller than the regular 305 55 20?
Put your factory tires next to the new tires and see if you can still tell me that. I have factory 17s and they are tiny compared to the new tires.

·
HERE SO I DONT GET FINED
2,860 Posts
Post pics. Load range doesn't change size.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Post pics. Load range doesn't change size.
No but Nitto has different dimensions listed for P rated and LT in the same size tire. Its not that big of a difference, but a difference none the less.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts