Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just joined today! I purchases "Silver Fox" on the employee discount program as I have noticed some of you have done. He is a 3500 Dually Duramax & Allison. Silver Fox will be joined by 35-40' 5th wheel in the near future.

I have a lot of information on my 2005 Silverado 3500 dually for aftermarket add ons for extra power. I am interested in any aftermarket others are putting on their trucks to get more pulling power. My home is Grand Junction, CO. I work on the road doing 3-8 month assignments all over the continental USA. When I leave Grand Junction, I have mountain passes whichever way I travel. I am not interested in pulling Vail Pass at 45 mph as my "Big Boy" F350 did. I put 4" intake and exhaust and Bully Dog power chip plus a turbo brake. Those upgrades cost over $2,000. That truck pulled a 37' Cardinal 3 slides and 3 axels up Vail Pass 65 mph after the upgrades. I liked the cab room compared to Silver Fox.

I really like the allison and am sure down hill grades will be better than the turbo brake was. Whose upgrades are you fellows putting on your trucks and what can I expect to gain and for how much money?

I like some of Banks products but not the knob for change in chip power levels. Which intake is the best for the most increase in air?

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
IMO I would recomed a Edge Juice And a Kennedy Diesel Boost Stick . The juice will give you full adjustability in power and the boost stick will keep the egts from the added power down!!!! As for the intake they dont offer much improvement if any! and The exhaust i would do a full 4" system with a cat delete pipe but if you go with the cat delete pipe you will also need a code blocker to keep egr codes from setting!!

Later
Caleb

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Welcome to the group!

I second the Edge Juice/ Attitude. Anythime you up the power you need to install gauges to keep an eye on things, and the attitude monitor allows you to monitor so many different things. Also, you get an adjustable module that you can tune to where you can tow the best and then crank up a bit when you want to haul something else! :fart
I have a customer in the San Fransico area that does home remodels and second story additions. He spends most of the day running all over the place with a loaded dump trailer and a ton of tools. He says its all the poqwer he'l ever need. I think it would do you perfectly. Especially for the price!

For a downloader you can't go wrong with the Diablosport. Great downloader.

Towing that kind of wieght, are you planning to put an exhaust brake on this truck? I know I would.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts