Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just joined today! I purchases "Silver Fox" on the employee discount program as I have noticed some of you have done. He is a 3500 Dually Duramax & Allison. Silver Fox will be joined by 35-40' 5th wheel in the near future.

I have a lot of information on my 2005 Silverado 3500 dually for aftermarket add ons for extra power. I am interested in any aftermarket others are putting on their trucks to get more pulling power. My home is Grand Junction, CO. I work on the road doing 3-8 month assignments all over the continental USA. When I leave Grand Junction, I have mountain passes whichever way I travel. I am not interested in pulling Vail Pass at 45 mph as my "Big Boy" F350 did. I put 4" intake and exhaust and Bully Dog power chip plus a turbo brake. Those upgrades cost over $2,000. That truck pulled a 37' Cardinal 3 slides and 3 axels up Vail Pass 65 mph after the upgrades. I liked the cab room compared to Silver Fox.

I really like the allison and am sure down hill grades will be better than the turbo brake was. Whose upgrades are you fellows putting on your trucks and what can I expect to gain and for how much money?

I like some of Banks products but not the knob for change in chip power levels. Which intake is the best for the most increase in air?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.