Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i have recently installed a bd adjustable wastegate but before that I had noticed that when i reved my engine in P it was reading no boost on my gauge. I also saw that the actuator at the end of the wastegate wasn't moving. I do however have boost when I am driving. Why doesn't my actuator move when I rev it and why am I not getting any boost readings? Like I said i have a wastegate and boost fooler, those are my only upgrades for boost plus more fuel upgrades listed in my sig. Could my boost fooler be set to high and something be happening with that?

Thanks a lot for your input

·
I'm That Guy...
16,687 Posts
Do you build boost if you power brake?

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
You will not experience boost without a load on the engine if I am remembering right.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Why would you build noticeable amounts of boost with no load against the engine??

·
Registered
2,317 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
no load no boost

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok makes sense, ill have to check to see if i get boost readings at a brake stand can't remember. and when i first installed my gauges it showed boost and my buddies truck shows boost as well when the engines revved up in P. (he has a ford though with no wastegate or boost fooler mods)

·
And I be smokin
269 Posts
My truck is at 2 psi according to my Triple GT at idle, whats up with that?

·
And I be smokin
269 Posts
We'll now I'm really curious because Ive got an LB7, and this happens in park at idle. Is it just my tuner telling me lies?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i don't get any boost reading when i do a boosted start or in P, and when i first installed my gauges i did not to mention my buddy with the 7.3 does get boost readings in P when he revs the engine.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
same thing w/me, my diablo used to tell me 2lbs of boost standing still but my mechanical gauges don't say anything at all. your trucks fine

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't even get any boost readings when I do a boosted brake stand, are you saying that's normal too?

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
I don't even get any boost readings when I do a boosted brake stand, are you saying that's normal too?
If you have mechanical gauges and you are doing a brake stand you should see some boost build but I am unsure of how much you will actually see.

Personally I havn't tried it seeing as how I don't want to even risk killin my trans before I am ready to have it built...its my work truck so I have to be cautious

·
Registered
931 Posts
You should see boost doing a break stand...

·
Registered
99 Posts
Put in in 4wd and drive, put it on the biggest tune, put the break to the floor and keep pressing the throttle till about 2000rpm. should have between 5-10psi. Let out out the gas slowww so you dont bark your turbo or throw it into N.....or if you got tie rod sleeves launch it:rockin

1 - 18 of 18 Posts