Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I've been having some issues with my auto cal and ECM so I sent it to rob and I got back today and hooked it up but when I record data it doesn't show the dsp switch volts. What am I missing. He changed up my tunes a little so maybe something didn't quite work? Help please. Cause stock is soooo sloooowwwwww

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I just put it in I believe the red wire was 49 and the black one I had troubles with so I cut the wire and grounded it.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bump for ideas. Before I sent it to rob the autocal showed the dsp switch but it read 0 volts. And now it doesn't even show up on the screen.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Either the pin is not seated all the way or is in the wrong socket, check it out real well.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know it's seated all the way but I'll have to check if its in the right socket but I'm almost positive it is. Hooking the black wire to a good chassis ground should work right? Also I should get power on the red wire in the cab with a test light shouldn't I?

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
You are ok to ground the switch anywhere. Just make sure it contacts bare metal

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay I'll switch it today then. Here are my directions I got with the switch. ImageUploadedByAG Free1363549519.279863.jpg

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I put the red wire in 69 and black is to a good ground. It's grounded up to the switch and still no power to the switch. Also my tunes were supposed to have the anti theft turned off and my security light is on again and I have full flashed my tunes at least 6 times. Everyone talks great about efi live and I was excited for it but this is starting to get real old.

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Well I put the red wire in 69 and black is to a good ground. It's grounded up to the switch and still no power to the switch. Also my tunes were supposed to have the anti theft turned off and my security light is on again and I have full flashed my tunes at least 6 times. Everyone talks great about efi live and I was excited for it but this is starting to get real old.

Don't be so quick to blame EFI. It honestly sounds like user error. Ground the ground where it says to on the ecm plug and try again. Also check to make sure the plugs are pushed in all the way. They to in much further than you think.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ya I was actually taking the blue part off the plug and then pulling the pin through and making sure it locked. I flashed it a couple more times and it started to work so not sure what the issue was but its working now. I need to have rob do some tuning on it though cause on my max effort it went up to 1800 on my egts I only did it once just to see how high it got. otherwise what little I've driven it I'm happy. Do I just copy my logged data from efi explorer and email the file to him? And what kind of runs should I do?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts