Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My airdog 1 150 went out a couple of months ago, wondering if it is bad on the cp3 to be run without lift? dont want to drain the rail and wear the pump or anything. run stock program dont have a tune

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
i wouldnt think it would be bad since your on stock tuning... but your injectors have a greater chance of being toasted

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
it depends on how big of a tune ur gonna run and how hard you run the truck..my cp3 pump went bad on me after about 8 months running a 120hp tune

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well im 16 so i like to gas on it some but nothing crazy, it shouldnt hurt my injectors should it? i use lucas fuel conditioner every time i fill up

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
on the LB7 you need all the help you can get on the injectors

the AD provides this my pulling the air out of the fuel, cooling the fuel, filtering the fuel, and pulling any water from the fuel.

and from any test ive ever seen Lucas is pretty much a waste.

run some diesel kleen ,2 cycle oil or stanadyne, if you can find it in your area.

those injectors are expensive, trust me :D

i'd get it fixed... AD should have a warranty on there pumps

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea i know, my injectors were replaced 10,000 ago, but i bought the truck used a year ago and dont have any of the papers so ad wont replace it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thats what the cocksuckers told me on the phone, but ill try it out thanks man

·
Stock again...
2,191 Posts
Mine is still holding strong somehow, and believe me. I drain my rails more than i should (obviously not on purpose).. Just have not had the cash for a lift pump. Or at least not the one I want. Especially running a stock tune I would think youd have no problems. I mean I've got as big of a tune as a stock turbo LLY can handle. Can't say for sure but i know its +2somethin, I was told 225 ~ 250hp. Had a flashscan hooked up driving around one day and I dropped my rail pressure to 11k psi :rof.

So going off my experiences you should be ok, hah.

·
Registered
335 Posts
My lly has been running on the 120 tune for almost 2 years and they didnt go bad but i know the lb7s are infamous for going out so I wouldnt be able to give u a accurate answer for yours but thats the scoop on mine, hope it helps!

·
Stock again...
2,191 Posts
Yeah I didnt know the lb7's had a thing for going bad. Either way. My dad ran almost 180k miles with a hypertech 100 horse tune and never once had any problems. Only reason its not still tuned is bc I tried to crank it up but his programmer was fried. It's stock now, and still going strong with 260k miles. You should be ok.

·
Registered
527 Posts
i'd get it fixed... AD should have a warranty on there pumps
We do, however, the warranty only applies to the orig owner of the system. Meaning if you buy a truck that has one already on it, the warranty wouldn't carry over.

We do have an option for you though if you are in this predicament....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.