Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After purchasing this truck about 6 weeks ago I finally got around to pulling the drop-in oiled air filter that the original owner installed and was I shocked. The filter was a black oily mess and the all of the little waffle indents in the bottom of the air box was full of oil, dirt, leaves and crud. I dumped the filter in the trash, took the box off, gave it a good cleaning and installed an OEM filter. I'm surprised that the truck ran as well as it did and I don't know how it got any air at all. Now it gives me a little puff of black smoke it I get on it a little with the edge set at 2/5.

Steven

·
Banned
24,083 Posts
Alot of people use the wrong type of oil. When I replaced my K&N on my last truck the recharge kit came with oil that looks like trany fluid. Now its spray or aresol. The preveous owner probably used to mutch or the wrong oil. Id dumpster dive, clean and and sell!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.