Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently blocked my egr, and installed a finger stick( thanks kennedy diesel!) my engine light has stayed off, but have noticed that my truck is not smoking at all when im gettin on it. im just wondering if this is normal or is something wrong. and yes i realize the problems associated with too much soot, cylinder washing ect. obviously im burning more fuel=more power, but no soot at all?

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
shouldn't be related to the EGR blocker. EGR doesn't open under high engine loads unless forced open.

·
Registered
781 Posts
For some reason my buddies 03 (emissions LB7) smokes alot more than my 01 (non-emissions) even when we had the same tuner??

·
HD TECHNICIAN
1,115 Posts
mine did the same thing when I blocked the egr, I believe its because the air thats going into the engine is pure, instead of recirculated exhaust. I know my egr valve would open under 10psi of boost, even with it tuned out. Since I've blocked it my truck barley smokes, I love it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cool, thanks for the input. guess my days of rollin coal past prius' are over :-(

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Mine don't smoke that much either, since I put my EGR block off plate on.. I think it is a good thing, means you are putting the all that fuel to use...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.