Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I think it's my turn for injectors. I bought the truck about a month ago with no symptoms of injector failure. After putting a couple thousand miles on it, I'm noticing a strong diesel smell from the exhaust and some fuel in my oil. I don't have any white smoke and the truck runs fine. Anyway, my question is this: When I take my truck in for the injector work, do you think they will give me any trouble about not having a muffler and voiding my warranty? I know all dealers will be different, but I just want your opinions. I have a stock exhaust system with a pipe in place of the muffler. If it is going to be a problem, I can weld the muffler back into place. However, I would rather not.

Thanks for your help,
Doug

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
I don't think they will give you a problem with just removing the muffler. The exhaust doesn't really have an effect on the injectors. Obviously, there is no way of telling what the dealership will say until you take it in and it is too late. Injectors have been an issue with the 01s for quite some time...that's why they went to the 7yr/200,000 mile injector warranty.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts