Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started my stock 2004.5 lly today and it had no oil pressure. Checked the oil and there was almost none in it. I dumped a couple quarts in and so far it has been running fine. Just wondering what the problem couldve been. Thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah it went off as soon as i started it

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Started my stock 2004.5 lly today and it had no oil pressure. Checked the oil and there was almost none in it. I dumped a couple quarts in and so far it has been running fine. Just wondering what the problem couldve been. Thanks
I'd say no damn oil was the problem.

·
Banned
1,914 Posts
When was the last time you changed the oil?
More Important, when was the last time you CHECKED the oil? Make checking Oil ATF Coolant and Brake fluid a regular thing.
Has your truck been using oil in the past?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I change the oil every 3,000 miles and the truck only has 50,000 miles on it. I never really check the oil in between the changes but I just make sure the oil pressure gauge reads well. It's never used oil in the past

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Yeah does it look like Deepwater Horizon was drilling in your drive way?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nope no oil under the truck where it was parked. I can't see any signs of leaking

·
Registered
74 Posts
Who does your oil canges? If you took it to one of them quick lube joints maybe they didn't put enough back in. Some times those guys aren't the brightest bunch. Just a thought, seeing as how you can't see any on the ground anywhere.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts