Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 GMC 2500HD with a 6.6 duramax diesel. All of the sudden, I have no power. It just limps along at less than 2000 RPM no matter how far I press the pedal down.
the Check Engine Light comes on. When I shut it down and start it up again, the check light is on, but it runs fine for a while, and then it seems to go into limp mode again.
I heard that if I clean the throttle body out, it might help with this problem. I am hopping its not the APPS/TPS sensor going bad.

Can someone tell me how to find and clean the butterfly valve in the Throttle Body on this thing? When I take off the intake hose, I can see down into the little turbo fan. Is this the kind of job that is going to require removal of the manifold, or something easier?

thanks for any help.
El Jeffe
Colorado

·
Registered
328 Posts
to me this sounds like a fuel/ fuel filter issue, but thats just me, i'd change the fuel filter before i mess with anything else

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
sorry man no throttle body on a diesel. everything is direct injection. sounds like your in limp mode if its right at 2000 RPM

·
Registered
76 Posts
It might prove beneficial if you fill out your signature. That would give us an idea of how old the truck is, many miles you have on it, modifications, etc.

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
When the check engine light goes on, it stores a code as to what caused the problem. Many autopart stores will read the code for you at no charge. If you list the code/codes we can direct you what may be the problem. You can also buy a personal code reader for less than $100-- about the same as GM charges to do the same. :rolleyes:

·
NewEST Spinny Thinggg
4,291 Posts
first fill out your signature so we know your mods...I would just go out n change the fuel filter though..if it keeps up then go pull the codes and post them up on here

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.