Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2019 silverado 1500

so to start the trailers lights all work tested them on another truck. i checked the fuse on my truck for the turn signal and its not blown. putting the tester on the fuse while plugged in it is getting no power. the left side everything is good. I'm looking for any info i can get so i don't have to go sit at the dealer for 2+ hours for them to tell me that they didn't figure it out yet when its time to go.

this will be my 2nd trip to a dealer on monday. today dealer told me yeah theres definitely a problem with your trailer light but we can't diagnose it because we are too busy and to come back another day. i was baffled that they hadn't figured out what it was and told me to come back after waiting there.

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
The trailer turn fuses are powered by the trailer turn signal relays. Those relays are built into the printed circuit board of the fuse block. You need to see if the bcm is first commanding that relay to fire off. If it is, it needs a fuse block. If it isn’t, then you have a circuit issue between the fuse block and the bcm, bcm power or ground supply issue or an internal bcm issue.

Reactions: Ron Nielson
1 - 2 of 2 Posts