Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • Truck seat covers are up to 76% off right now on eBay. Click here for Black! Tan! Multi-coloured! even Camo!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 08 duramax and went to hook trailer up and had no running lights, blinkers or brake lights. Checked the plug in, in the back and had nothing there. Also checked under the hood and all the fuses look fine but test where the fuses are and had no power to the fuses. Not really sure what else to check. Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
There are separate fuses for the trailer--look at the fuse box left of the dash.

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
Check the power at the junction box at the rear crossmember- if OK, then the problem may be at the trailer connector. Many trailer connection problems can be a poor ground.

·
Registered
6,499 Posts

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Bad ground on the trailer. Many times it's the white wire that is grounded right by the hitch. Probably rusted or got broken. I bet if you take a pair of jumper cables and connect one side to hitch on truck and other side on trailer the lights will all work. I have done this temporary fix multiple times when on the road and need a quick fix. Both ends need a good metal to ground. Good luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.