Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know smoke is bad but my truck does not smoke AT ALL! Im running PPE on 3 and PPE makes their tunes pretty somkey...i even unplugged the MAF sensor and drove around the block...not even a puff. It never has smoked but it runs great (no leaks or wierd noises) and seems to be making good power....should i just be happy on how clean it runs or should i suspect something like an injector issue

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
noboddyy??

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
PPE tunes are not smoky unless u get to higher settings..i would be happy with the way it runs..and i wouldnt unplug the maf lol

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha i plugged it back in...was just trying to see if it would smoke

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts
i know smoke is bad but my truck does not smoke AT ALL! Im running PPE on 3 and PPE makes their tunes pretty somkey...i even unplugged the MAF sensor and drove around the block...not even a puff. It never has smoked but it runs great (no leaks or wierd noises) and seems to be making good power....should i just be happy on how clean it runs or should i suspect something like an injector issue
let's gear it up to blow TONS of smoke,with any luck I can buy the tranny and the body when you're done....:help
Get the PPE on lvl 5,no tow/haul,and just lug it[it'll put the hurt/heat on trans quick tho]to see good smoke show,otherwise add bunker C fuel and then it will smoke no doubt:rof

OH,don't forget to cry about how clean your diesel engine runs there ya treehugger:D:drink

·
Registered
160 Posts
The best way to know if it is smoking is to... drive at night and when the car behind you is following to close, then stomp it to the floor and look out your passenger side mirror and watch the smoke roll out the exhaust in the view of their headlights! I do it just for hell of it.

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
yeah mine of 3 doesnt smoke at all....

on 5 it does however

·
7,336 Posts
not.....

...i even unplugged the MAF sensor and drove around the block...

I have nothing better to do than tear up my stuff and write about it also!!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hahaha ya i knoww i knowww it just doesnt smoke at ALLL

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
only drove it around my apartment complex

·
7,336 Posts
The best way to know if it is smoking is to... drive at night and when the car behind you is following to close, then stomp it to the floor and look out your passenger side mirror and watch the smoke roll out the exhaust in the view of their headlights! I do it just for hell of it.
I like the fact that I can STOP a tailgater at night.............ya know,if I would want to or whatever:trycycle

·
Registered
54 Posts
try blocking your egr, i did that to my truck(no tune) and started puffing out some more smoke...if that doesnt work, put that foot to the floor, haha

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
its not that i want it to smoke it just made me worry...ive heard how PPE runs them dirty and i drive it pretty hard but there is never any smoke...i started thinking injector problems but i dunno...

·
Registered
54 Posts
try blocking your egr...that made my truck smoke more even without a tune...if that doesn't work put your foot to the floor, haha

·
Registered
54 Posts
yea i wouldn't worry bout your injectors...ive heard of PPE running some clean tunes

·
7,336 Posts
stop worrying man,some just don't smoke.......how old is your PPE??I noticed that every time I updated the tuner over the internet I had less smoke[with the old tuner I had]....Perhaps they made changes due to tunes?I wouldn't know,just throwing it out there..

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
its about 6 months maybe 8

·
7,336 Posts
Oh I know!!!LETS GET COMPLETE and PROPER COMBUSTION OF ALL MY FUEL AND WHINE cause it won't smoke?????????If you reaaaaalllly gots to smoke that much get a lift pump and set it way high,then grenade the engine fully for good measure:drink

·
7,336 Posts

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
It might be overboosted. A sep sensor reading is the only way to tell, if the MAP sensor is bad (melted) then it will tell a perfect, untraceable, lie.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts