Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I have a 2002 chevy silverado 2500hd lb7, air dog 150, efi live. I recently installed a new stock turbo which kept the truck off the road for about two weeks. Then come to test it and it wouldn’t start. I would try to turn the engine over and it would crank over and start for a split second then stop. Then just cranking and no start. I replaced the fuel filter with a MicroGard and primed it well until stiff with the bleeder screw out but still same problem. I also tested the fuel rail test port and no air came out. The filter housing seems to be fine with no leaks and after trying to start the truck the primer would be still stiff. I’ve read some forums on here but I really can’t tell if the filter housing is bad. Should I replace or rebuild it any ways? Any other ideas?

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
Hello Jakebake1967 (if that is your real name :)) and welcome to the Forum!

Please complete you signature line!

When we hear hoofbeats, we don’t look up and expect to see a zebra so, although you have doubtless done this several times already, carefully go back over everything you did during the definitely not trivial turbo swap (congrats on that accomplishment!). Going out on a limb here, but somewhere a connector or fitting you removed that may look tight, just ain’t.

If the FICM (Fuel Injection Control Module) is not sensing minimum rail pressure it stays asleep and the injectors won’t cycle.

As my old man used to say, “Don’t make me come over there!”.

And don’t beat yourself up (leave that up to us :)).

Won’t be the first time a forgotten and improperly executed repair step led down a sad new path of trouble...

Best

1 - 2 of 2 Posts