Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a 2004 chevy 6.6 lb7. First there have been several mods, bd trans, 13 year turbo, glow plug delete. 10mm stroker, new cam and crank sensors and wing to pcm, fass system, filter bypassed, 20 over inj, pressure blocker, pcm new, trans neutral switch, all other parts within 1 year old or so on engine . I have had a crank no start for quite a while, was intermittent that the truck would just die found fuel issues , fixed them now got good flow , could get to run for a bit till throttle pedel was pressed then it would die, checked peddle and wiring -no issues and tested with known good part same issue, all wiring has been removed from wrapping and has been gone over very thoroughly, fixed all the issues I could find and even did full overlays for several due to pinning issues, now the truck just turns over and does not start... I have been on this 6 months now and I don't know what else to check..this does have tunning to , is there anything else I can look at prob out. Change parts. I'm not sure where to go.i have Alldata, snap on scanner,most of the specialty tools and reg tools for this job. Just needing some help,insite,more knowledgeable than me help .thnks

· Registered
7,428 Posts
Keep the batteries fully charged. What is the FRP (rail pressure) during cranking? If you disconnect the Fuel pressure regulator on the pump, the pump should run at full pressure. See attached to see if there is something there that will help

Attachments

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fuel psi in spec. Even feed in spec , it cranks just no fire and then cam code. Found an lb7 to cross check and there's will almost start with no pcm..mine won't even attempt to crank. Any correlation?

· Registered
7,428 Posts
What cam code are you getting and do you know what causes that cam code? You have access to ALLDATADIY or a similar publication?

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
P0340 cam sensor problem is what the scanner says. Only shows during cranking then disappears after it stops. Then no codes. I have access to alldata. From the tone ring it looks fine no issues, sensor, wiring, pcm, all new. Everything in alldata related to that fault code leads me to replace sensor or pcm but been through 3 new sensors to verify ..been getting bad parts...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.