Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am having a no start condition i was able to have the cp3 pump tested and found it was bad....... and now have replaced the pump it started just fine the first 2 times after installing the new cp3 pump now it is back to not starting and i would like to avoid using starting fluid every day just so i can get to work anyone have any idea what it may be

·
Registered
687 Posts
Is it holding prime? You stated you replaced the filter head; have you primed/bled it? Does the primer get, and hold firm?

If not, that can be your issue. What are the condition of the two fuel lines from the primer? If they are original, they are most likely in need of replacement. They will not show leakage, as they are on the suction side of the fuel system; they will draw in air and cause a loss of prime situation.

·
Registered
4,933 Posts
Is it holding prime? You stated you replaced the filter head; have you primed/bled it? Does the primer get, and hold firm?

If not, that can be your issue. What are the condition of the two fuel lines from the primer? If they are original, they are most likely in need of replacement. They will not show leakage, as they are on the suction side of the fuel system; they will draw in air and cause a loss of prime situation.
This can also happen if the fuel filter is not sealed against the filter head. Air will get sucked into the fuel lines through the filter seal and you will have a hard time starting and may get stalls.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay so I have no posted on this in a while but found that the fpr on the reman cp3 was bad then found a restriction on the fuel line from the tank to the engine I got that taken care of and installed a lift pump and replaced all the suction lines it will run now but has a hard start problem I was wondering if the fuel pressure relief valve my be the cause of it but I have no codes what do yall think

·
Premium Member
4,539 Posts
it has been replaced already with a parker/racor oem replacement
Parker/Racor?...............He said the filter head, not just the filter itself.

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,485 Posts
Parker/Racor?...............He said the filter head, not just the filter itself.
Racor made the original OE head.
You can still buy the Racor branded filter head (cheaper), vs acDelco.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
At the time I replaced the filter head and filter as a unit but now with the left pump set up I have bypassed the filter head completely

1 - 9 of 9 Posts