Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im about to light this thing on fire

today i went to the diner with the family for some breakfast when i came out she didnt want to start so i primed her up and took little longer than normal to start, then my g.f takes my truck to petco to get some stuff for our puppy she said it would start and she had to keep priming it then it started, then i go out to drop her off and it didnt start, i mean nothing primed it and nothing tried for about 20 minutes and nothing so i went to tighten the bleeder screw and about 1/8 of turn it cracked off, it had some codes but i cleared them like an idiot idk wtf they were, im going on kennedy diesel to order a stronger bleeder screw but idk if thats the problem

im about to burn this fuck to the ground

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,976 Posts
Probably a crack in the bleeder screw. You just finished it off.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i sure hope so man it cracked out of nowhere those its been starting fine the last couple days now all of sudden after i come out of the diner?

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,976 Posts
It is usually a air leak when they give you the ol no start. I wonder if you did not just have a crack in the screw that was letting air in.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im ordering the bleeder screw now and im going to relocate my fuel filter to a better location thus replacing the fuel lines so i hope now i have to drive a brand new ford ranger or my cummins fml! hope we get our duramax tomorrow because im not down for driving anything else lol

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lmao no i hope its just the bleeder screw or the lines well see if not im burning this thing to the ground and building my dually cummins

1 - 7 of 7 Posts