Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently running the OEM 18 steelies, but have to say the huge postive offset looks terrible. Does anyone have any idea where to get steel daytona style wheels in an 8x180 bolt pattern?

I have tried calling steelwheel companies and asking for a wheel in 8x180 but none manufacture or have plans to manufacture. Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
I haven't seen any in that bolt pattern.

You could run spacers or go with aluminum. Remember, function is secondary, it is all about looks, and 18" wheels are already iffy and plain steel wheels would be downright wrong.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On the contrary, I like the looks of my truck to be driven by function. You will never see me with 20+ inch rockstars, you can save those for somebody else.

I have thought about getting adapters and having a steel wheel made in 8x170 with a small positive offset to make up for the width of the adapter. But adapters arent functional...

Any how, after calling around to multiple steel wheel companies and even custom wheel makers, the 8x180mm bolt pattern is just not seen on aftermarket steels. I will be settling for some aluminum wheels.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
I'm with you on those Rockstars.

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
On the contrary, I like the looks of my truck to be driven by function. You will never see me with 20+ inch rockstars, you can save those for somebody else.

I have thought about getting adapters and having a steel wheel made in 8x170 with a small positive offset to make up for the width of the adapter. But adapters arent functional...

Any how, after calling around to multiple steel wheel companies and even custom wheel makers, the 8x180mm bolt pattern is just not seen on aftermarket steels. I will be settling for some aluminum wheels.
I'm with you on those Rockstars.
You guys must not have ever listened to nickelback. Everyone wants to be a Rockstar guys :rofl:rofl
Their not my cup of tea either.

Reactions: jc8825

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Just curious why you want steel wheels so bad there are about a billion different aluminum wheel styles out there, if you get a forged set they will be stronger than steel anyway.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
I don't care for aluminum wheels because they are all wild styled. I like plain black wheels.

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
I don't care for aluminum wheels because they are all wild styled. I like plain black wheels.
I love the way my stock 20s look plastidipped black. I know yall didn't like 20s but still.:thumb

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Not all the custom wheels look ridiculous just the ones on here :rof There are toms of tastefully designed aluminum wheels out there. I myself don't like aftermarket wheels though, i like factory wheels.

·
Registered
7,883 Posts
I'm with you...I want a set of h2's. Get em painted up my way and then some 285/70/17 and damn I'd be a happy camper

·
Registered
127 Posts
Just go with some aluminum alcoa's and have em powdercoated black.

Rockstar wheels come with Famous and Fox stickers as a mandatory add on.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just go with some aluminum alcoa's and have em powdercoated black.

Rockstar wheels come with Famous and Fox stickers as a mandatory add on.

HAHAHA so true.

I couldnt find alcoas in a 8x180, are they there?

Its tough when the industry caters to bro trucks.

Ive seen the price on forged wheels, and if you think im going to spend on one wheel what i could get for a full set youre loco

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Thats why I like factory wheels they are forged :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.