Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

No such thing as AM steel wheels for 8x180?

10K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  peter3 
#1 ·
I am currently running the OEM 18 steelies, but have to say the huge postive offset looks terrible. Does anyone have any idea where to get steel daytona style wheels in an 8x180 bolt pattern?

I have tried calling steelwheel companies and asking for a wheel in 8x180 but none manufacture or have plans to manufacture. Any ideas?

#2 · (Edited)
I haven't seen any in that bolt pattern.

You could run spacers or go with aluminum. Remember, function is secondary, it is all about looks, and 18" wheels are already iffy and plain steel wheels would be downright wrong.

#3 ·
On the contrary, I like the looks of my truck to be driven by function. You will never see me with 20+ inch rockstars, you can save those for somebody else.

I have thought about getting adapters and having a steel wheel made in 8x170 with a small positive offset to make up for the width of the adapter. But adapters arent functional...

Any how, after calling around to multiple steel wheel companies and even custom wheel makers, the 8x180mm bolt pattern is just not seen on aftermarket steels. I will be settling for some aluminum wheels.

#6 ·
Just curious why you want steel wheels so bad there are about a billion different aluminum wheel styles out there, if you get a forged set they will be stronger than steel anyway.

#7 ·
I don't care for aluminum wheels because they are all wild styled. I like plain black wheels.

#12 ·
HAHAHA so true.

I couldnt find alcoas in a 8x180, are they there?

Its tough when the industry caters to bro trucks.

Ive seen the price on forged wheels, and if you think im going to spend on one wheel what i could get for a full set youre loco

#13 ·
Thats why I like factory wheels they are forged :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.