Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purposely ran my washer fluid reservoir empty yesterday because I hate the cheap stuff the dealer uses, to refill with the RainX ice, and never got a Low Washer Fluid level on the DIC.

Is it me / my truck? Did GM forget this alert? I had it on my 2013 Dmax..'dunno;

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Should be a warning message that comes up on the dash. Sure it was empty? Capacity is over a gallon to fill if the tank is empty empty.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
pretty sure there is a float switch in the tank that sets the flow fluid light, might need to replace the washer tank / switch, or it might be damage to the sensor wires. There is for sure a low fluid warning, even my 01 had it. The type of fluid does not matter.

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Should be a warning message that comes up on the dash. Sure it was empty? Capacity is over a gallon to fill if the tank is empty empty.
Oh yeah... Ran it till it stopped spurting out...

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
pretty sure there is a float switch in the tank that sets the flow fluid light, might need to replace the washer tank / switch, or it might be damage to the sensor wires. There is for sure a low fluid warning, even my 01 had it. The type of fluid does not matter.
I assumed there was... Probably a trip to the dealership will be in order... Joy😢

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.