Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 02 4x4 duramax with 67,000 mi. that just started making a "wet rubber to hard surface" noise only when my truck turns right and is in motion. And it only makes the noise turning right.The noise does not occur when my truck is stopped and turn the wheels.

I have checked the steering fluid level (O.K.), the right tire for rub marks - including the side wall (No marks or rub points), ball joints all visually checkout, and the diff fluid was change about 10k miles ago ( I plan on checking that again today).

Has anyone had problems with their power steering units or a similar problem? Any helpful suggestions of what this might be or ideas of what to check would be appreciated!

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
Man it sounds like you tried all the obvious things. The only thing Id recommend would be take a can of WD-40 and start spraying rubber bushings like control arm bushings etc. Do a few then drive it around a parking lot and see if the noise goes away.

To me it sounds like the tire is rubbing either the left front or right rear of the tire. Maybe jack the truck up and spin the front tires or borrow a rack and throw it in 4x4 with the wheels turn to see where the noise is. It could also be a bad belt? :confused:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ended up taking off the wheels and inspecting all of my bushings. While taking of the wheels I noticed metal shavings and movement at my hub. It ended up that my hub assembly had gone out. About two hours and $350 later I was on the road again without the noise. Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts