Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got efi live hooked up and ran good now everytime I punch it and I let off u can hear the wastegate making that chugging noise and my boost gauge on the pmt just shows zero that's on all 5 tunes so what could it be?

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
WHen you punch it then let off real fast it barks? Dont do that if you can help it, its not good for the turbo and it will read 0 psi cause when it barks the air goes back thru the turbo and it spins the other way. im no expert but it should give you an idea

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Even when I give it for the turbo to spool it stays at sero even when I barely give it gas like the turbo isn't spooling at all than I let go and it barks almost as if something is clogged or somethun it never did it till I got the efi live

·
Registered
509 Posts
What else did you do besides the efi live? Or was the the only install you did when this started. Trying going to a stock tune if you can or taking the dsp5 out.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Even when I give it for the turbo to spool it stays at sero even when I barely give it gas like the turbo isn't spooling at all than I let go and it barks almost as if something is clogged or somethun it never did it till I got the efi live
shoot killerbee a pm and ask him, he seems pretty savvy with efi live and might know what you changed.

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
Ok #1 if you boost gauge reads 0 all te time something is wrong with it. You can't bark a turbo with no boost. #2 since you have an lb7 the turbo is not variable vane so that means boost is not controlled via efilive but via mechanical wastegate. If it's barking constantly I would suspect a wastegate issue.

Use efi to log a run and see what kind of actuall boost it's making

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I gpt a ecm with the dsp5

·
Registered
509 Posts
Redbowties88 is right. Try what he said. All the DSP5 does is switch ohms and resistance if I'm not mistaken, which in turn changes the tuning in the ECM. Depending who tuned it most tuners leave a stock tune in the dsp5. Did you instal the DSP5 switch correctly?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts