Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Howdy all!
I have been given a truck from my work to use that is a 2006 Chevy 2500HD 2WD Duramax LBZ Allison. I want to program it w/out doing any other upgrades. This is just my work truck after all.
I currently have a F-150 with the Edge Evolution programmer on it and it makes night & day difference from stock. But I am going to sell it now that I have this free duramax to drive. I like the Edge Race programmer I have been eyeing for the duramax, but I'm think about the PPE as well.
My two questions are this:
#1 I don't want to upgrade anything else besides a plug and go programmer, so what is my best option?
#2 Does anyone have one for sale so I can save a few $'s?

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts
second the edge comment. See if you can find a Edge Evolution. Might be a lil cheaper than the newer CS model.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I need a job like that. Banks makes a good work/econo. box.:drink

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have sunk a lot of money into my F-150 to get it almost where I wanted it to be to just have to sell it now. I'm a little bummed at all the money I spent going to someone else now. But, this Duramax is really strong. I know the potential with these, but I just want something to plug in and use then un-plug when I need to. This 2006 model will probably be mine for another year to year and a half before it will be replaced. I'm already a happy EDGE customer but I would like to save some $ and buy used this time if I can find one out there. No words on the PPE?

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
I love my ppe and it shifts great and has a strong powerband....I've never used Edge before so i can't compare them

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts
I forgot about Edge Juice with attitude. It's a piggy back system that will allow you to change HP levels on the fly.

·
Registered
162 Posts
i like my bully dog gt tuner and you dont need gages either

1 - 8 of 8 Posts