Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Dmax 4M 4EVER!
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
Heres my first post on the Dmax4m. A few days ago I bought my first "oilburner" a 05 GMC Sierra SLE CC/LB/DLY with 24000mi from the original owner. My intent being to help my pocket book a bit by saving some gas while towing and to enjoy that BadA$$ torque coming out of these new rigs. I have been around a lot of the older 5.7's and 6.2's and honestly couldnt understand the desire to own one....LOL
My previous rides were gassers, and being a hardcore gearhead I sure am stoked to get home and throw away something stock and looking guilty of HP losses!!!!

Owning a engine shop, I grew up working on big Cat and Cummins and Detroit motors, and having handbuilt my own 8 sec SB chevy powered drag cars, I know how to make HP, but not with these new age diesels...and EFI.
So I would like to learn about the new technology and it looks like I have found the right place.

You would most likely find me in Alaska, at my shop on the infamous "North Road" of the Kenai Peninsula, or 170 miles away from home at the only Dragstrip in the 49th state, Alaska Raceway Park (www.akracewaypark.com)

Thanks in advance for your hospitality!:rockin

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
:welcome to the duramax site....there are some real diesel hp geniuss here on this site so if you have any questions just holler:help and someone will help you...

·
Registered
37 Posts
WELCOME! From one newbie to another. Have be a "MAX HEAD" for only 4 days and aready have found this a must have site logged in my favs.

Some great folks on here::rockin !!!!!!!!!!

ERIC

·
Dmax 4M 4EVER!
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Roger that

I am looking 12 miles towards the beach as I type.... I will get to cold start it tomorrow evening for the first time... I literally drove it home from the lot and shut it off and at 5 am the next morning I flew offshore for my hitch at work. As soon as I get home it needs a bath, a coat of paint sealer, and a new set of summer hydes on some moto metals or something... I will post pics ASAP.

Thanks again:rockin

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hey! Glad to have another Alaskan DMAXer on board:drink.

Even though you are down there and ob_1jr and myself are up here it's only a little drive to get either place and especially to go down there for some quality fishing. I will be in Seward the last days of May and beginning of early June to fish. Come over and see us.

This is the place to be for all the good info on DMAX performance and quirks or questions. Seems that most people talk poorly about them but most are jelous of us :rockin down the road.

Here's to us Dfellow DMAXer's :gearjamin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.