Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can any one recommend a shop experienced with the allison in Norcal? The closer to Redding, Ca the better. With a bit of luck I will be able to have the upgrade performed pretty soon. Only limped it twice but the second time I was not even into it very hard. I was running at about 80 mph when I leaned into it a bit the second time. Only had it set on the 108 setting. Toy hauler pulling season is coming up and I do not want any roadside problems.:drink

·
Registered
116 Posts
take the 8-10 hour trip to see Mike L @ Inglewood Tranmissions! You will be glad you did!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought someone would recommend them. Jefferson State Diesel in Redding sponsored a diesel truck event last year. I spoke to one of the participants who was from Socal and he suggested them also. How long will the overhaul take? Should I anticipate having to take it back for anything after it is completed? Cost I understand should be in the $4,000 to $5,000 range for the new suncoast kit.
I was really hoping to find someplace much closer but also do not want a bad experience.

·
Registered
116 Posts
You really should give Mike a call, he is a super friendly person to talk to on the phone. I think his build are done in a day, drop truck off in the AM and pick it up that afternoon. Call him and he will tell you what you need. Good luck!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bumpity bump!

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
Go to Mike L. Hell, there's guys that drove from east coast to go to him.

·
DuramaxForum Veteran
4,506 Posts
^^^yep. Mike L does great work.

Get up early and get the truck there in the AM when he wants it, then take a nap, and when you wake up the truck will be done and you can drive it home.

You shouldnt have any problems with the trans after he is done with it.

But nevertheless your experience will be great, hey, you'll maybe even learn a thing or two.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
if i lived in california.. nobody would touch my transmission exept mike l.

he is THE man when it comes to the allison transmission

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Off to see Mike on Friday. In by 0900 and out around 1600. Can't wait. I have been worried about towing the toy hauler ever since I first limped it.
Mike is a supper nice guy on the phone looking forward to meeting him on Friday.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Back from a quick trip to have Mike L. at Inglewood Transmissions in Fullerton. Down Thursday night and back home in the weee hours of the morning on Saturday. Still working on the break in and can not wait to see how she holds. Mike installed his stage 4, transfer case fix, and a larger transmission cooler.
Now I can think about some fuel system mods.
The guys at Inglewood are great.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.